March 4, 2007

The wonders of no fingers...


I love love making things that keep fingers warm. It's my thing, just ask the family members who got such gifts for Christmas this year. They are fun, quick and visible things, gloves and mittens. I love spicing them up by leaving out finger tips and making flip-top mittens... I have finger mobility issues, they have to be able to feel and move at a moment's notice, none of this pull off the mitten to unlock the door business!

Here are two of my favorite finger warmers, both with alpaca yarns, and the fair isles were inspired by patterns from Alice Starmore's wonderful book. And the double layer of yarn keeps even the tipsiest bit of my fingertips warm when its cold.

The pretty green arm-length warmers have the pattern from Stitch N'Bitch by Renee Rigdon, the project that began my deep admiration and some may say obsession with double points.

No comments: