February 15, 2010

Collaboration

Combining the brains of artists is so exciting for me. I love the thrill of explanation, exploration, trading sketches and ideas... And I Super DUPER love that sheep have brought me to a new collaboration with a brilliant artist. This is someone who speaks what I've wanted to say, what I'm learning to be brave enough to say loudly and with pride.

I don't know if it is because I moved around so much as a child, but I've always been wary of sharing the innermost parts of my creative self. The artist part you could say, I suppose. I am learning to cast off my fears and just plain say what it is I want to! That the only way to connect with like-minded folk is to get up off my arse and find them, and when I do, say HI! I'm Cat, wanna trade? To talk? To pretend? To play that we are sitting across from each other with a bodacious pot of tea and crumpets, with sketchbooks and pencils and ink at the ready, even if reality tells us we're far apart and have never met in person. That doesn't mean I don't want to meet the locals, of course!!! It's just that I've come to realize how MANY people share my ideals about the parts of the world that should and do make it go 'round. And how, with the mighty power of the internet, we can find each other and grow and learn so much!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!


:) Nothing like a shower and a good email to end the day.

Sweet dreams!

(this is one of my favorite mugs, by Kat Antis, a lovely lady who lived in town when I was at the pottery residency of tepid doom. )

2 comments:

femminismo said...

Lovely mug, and in the close-up it looks like a cookie might have accompanied that cup of tea! I have begun knitting the shawl pattern, but may run into trouble since I have way more stitches cast on than the 84 you recommended. I have 110, so my with my poor math-addled brain will try and see my way through. The original shawl is lovely - the one you made. Enjoy today! - Jeanne

Cat said...

I sent a reply back through our emails, at least, I think I did. Let me know if you don't get it!