August 2, 2008

Fruits of Summer


I finished my Pi Shawl this Tuesday but just now had time to block it out, I have to say, I'm so glad this yarn has been used up! I bought it before I was ready for it, but now I can more than handle lace weight yarn and enjoyed this project. Skipped the usual lace edging in favor of a simpler solution: Yo, K2together round, knit two rows, crochet bind off plus two rounds of crochet. thought my hand was going to fall off after that! I'm happy with the finished project and now only need a pin to secure it!

Went to the farmers market today as well, here's the haul!


there will be fresh guacamole, backed acorn squash, and yummy sautéed summer squash coming to our dinners this week! Not to mention to DIE for peaches, nectarines and the best blackberries I've had in a loooong time.(the bacon is not from the farmer's market. it is from good ol' H. Teeter)


Oh! here's some of my latest hand spun yarn as well! The green is much more greenie blueish, but I was tired of fighting with the camera and computer to try to get something more true to the tone. The red is pretty close, and plied with cotton sewing thread. I love this method of plying, it gives such a neat texture and plenty of room to play. I think the red will become a hat soon..



And lastly, some amazing clouds

No comments: