April 19, 2010

More pondering.

I have a few peeks at what I've been working on and squirrling away. There is no way for you to see my work unless I show it to you, I've realized. I have learned that I need to promote my work. It is me, it is what I do it is what I am proud of.

So without further ado, I give you bits of my thoughts and parts of my soul, for that is what all art is, don't you think?

The first two are small sculptures, all wool. The pink one is a pod scultpure I've made a small series of. I'll be sharing the rest of them soon here. The idea is to have a multitude of these pods, hanging from the ceiling. I love things hanging from ceilings, it changes the space in such a cozy, tent-fort kind of way.

This blue one was supposed to be part of that series, and it might still be. It is a big departure from the rest of them, in shape, size and details. While beading this, I could not help but imagine the bluest oceans, fish swimming in and out of this little haven. Rocking in the sway of the waves, with the sunlight dappling through the kelp.
It's funny, how much the ocean can move me to create, when I'd much rather be in the mountains most days. But beauty is everywhere, and I am grateful for the inspiration whenever it comes.

This is a work in progress. I started it a few years ago and it got set aside in the vast shuffle of moving, learning to live in Charlotte, growing, and while moving into my new house, I found it again, and am tickled purple with the strides I've made with it. I can't wait to finish this!!

And so, it is late to be on the computer for me. I will go knit, drink some tea, or maybe read... I'm revisiting the Narnia books again. They are such a childhood comfort, along with the Hobbit and Madeleine L'Engle's works. I've missed reading, and am enjoying books with relish!


Have a lovely night, dear people!

1 comment:

The Noisy Plume said...

Dearest Soul Sister,

I revisit the very same books annually. And I love your woolly little sculptures. A lot.

I have a letter for you and I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow morning.
xx
The Plume