March 12, 2010

Taking a que

A new dear friend of mine posted seven (or was it 8?) things not readily known about her... And I think I should reciprocate.

1. Fidgit, the kitten-cat (because she is still small) has the sweetest smell, I often embarrass her by smelling her belly and armpits. I can't help it, she smells so KITTENY!

2. I can't remember how old I was, but I think early highschool, when I realized, to my horror, that I have my father's feet. Same shape, but smaller, whiter, and thankfully less hairy. Took me years to be able to look at my own feet without shuddering.

3. I have learned that I am a shy artist. I am trying to change that.

4. I love the sounds of fabric, tearing it, the swish swish of corduroy pants, the stiff sounds of silk... Except for the sound those damn windbreaker sports suits make, I hate that sound, it's too plastic (because that's what they are made of), I think mostly because you have no choice but to make noise if you are wearing one. Sound should be a pleasant choice.

5. I also adore having working dirty hands, from drawing with charcoal, to getting a hole in my gloves and having blue hands (and there was that one time I just didn't care and both hands were completely blue, I mean BLUE, people. And then I went to my writing class and the prof. stopped in the middle of his opening talk to ask why the hell they were so. - it remains one of my favorite memories.)

6. One of my goals this year is to make as much clothing as possible. So far... I need to work on it, but I did sew together the happiest of blanket tops!

7. I miss learning. I need to take a class soon about something I know nothing to little about. Or else I'll figure it out myself, which is fine, but learning from someone is so rewarding!

8. I know very little about music, any type. Which amuses and confuses most people who I've met in the past two years, seeing as the man I adore is a heavy duty awesomely talented musician and a rock 'n roll buff. I am forever reminding them that I don't know about such things, but I'll talk anyone's ears off about making things. Always.

So that is that, now, how about some rock music?

http://www.youtube.com/user/darbyscrub#p/a/u/0/LQfgxMPGJ4Y

(be gentle on the visual quality, but I promise, these fools kick it in person!)

1 comment:

The Noisy Plume said...

Dear Kitten,
You're simply the loveliest!
xxxxxxxxx